WORKING WITH CURRICULUM
Arabic, Auslan, Chinese, Framework for Aboriginal Languages and Torres Strait Islander Languages, Framework for Classical Languages (Classical Greek and Latin), French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Modern Greek, Spanish, Turkish and Vietnamese.
In this section:
- What ‘Adelaideans’ think about languages– video/workshop
- Languages animation (essence) – key elements of the Australian Curriculum Languages learning area – video
- Languages explorer – the languages curriculum at a glance – 1 reference page for each year level – print
- Languages Wordles – identifying the core ideas of each section of the languages curriculum – resources
1. What ‘Adelaideans’ think about languages
Video (2.59 mins)
Teachers, students and community members talk about what they think languages are for.
This video clip promotes discussions to reflect on what we believe languages are for and what we want our students to take forward into their lives from it. We call this the essence of the learning area.
2. Languages animation – What are they for?
Video (4.04 mins)
A video animation describes the essence of languages and how the components of this learning area work together.
A useful starting point for a conversation with teachers, students and community.
3. Learning Area Explorer
The learning explorers (A3) summarise the Australian Curriculum learning area for easy reference during learning design.
Auslan First Language
Auslan Second Language
Chinese Second Language
Chinese Background Language
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Language First
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Language Second
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Language Revival
4. Languages wordles
Identifying the core ideas of each section of the languages curriculum.