WORKING WITH CURRICULUM
Health and Physical Education
In this section:
- What ‘Adelaideans’ think about health and PE– video/workshop
- Health and PE animation (essence) – key elements of the Australian Curriculum health and PE learning area – video
- Health and PE explorer – the health and PE curriculum at a glance – 1 reference page for each year level – print
- Health and PE Wordles – identifying the core ideas of each section of the health and PE curriculum – resources
1. What ‘Adelaideans’ think about health and PE
Video (2.20 mins)
Teachers, students and community members talk about what they think health and PE is for.
This video clip promotes discussions to reflect on what we believe health and PE is for and what we want our students to take forward into their lives from it. We call this the essence of the learning area.
2. Health and PE animation – What is it for?
Video (5.31 mins)
A video animation describes the essence of health and PE and how the components of this learning area work together.
A useful starting point for a conversation with teachers, students and community.
3. Learning Area Explorer
The learning explorers (A3) summarise the Australian Curriculum learning area for easy reference during learning design.
Health and PE Curriculum:
4. Health and PE wordles
Identifying the core ideas of each section of the health and PE curriculum.